Particle Structure:MagneStar® is a series of products of magnetic particles with narrow size distribution and super paramagnetism. These small magnetic particles have a core, and a layer of magnetic compound sandwiched between the core and an outermost layer. The outermost layer of the particles is either inorganic or functionalized organic material, which completely covers the magnetic compound to prevent it from potentially incompatible interaction with biomaterials. These magnetic particles have a very good dispersity with well controlled particle size and narrow particle size distribution.
Another type of MagneStar® has a core-shell structure in which the core is a magnetic compound, and the shell is either inorganic or organic material. The surface of the particle is equipped with various functional groups such as amino, epoxy, carboxyl acid, and hydroxyl, etc. for different applications. These magnetic particles have large specific surface area and high magnetic content.
MagneStar® Magnetic Particle Characteristics:
- Well controlled particle size and shape
- Embedded submicron magnetic particles preventing potentially incompatible interaction between biomolecules
- Nonspecific binding eliminated to enhance assay sensitivity and selectivity
- Various function groups available for biomolecule coupling
- Superparamagnetic in nature
- Good dispersity
- High magnetic content
- Large surface area
- Suitable for cell separation, affinity purification and DNA probe assays